Friday, June 11, 2010

Again, sorry for the absence, PSDN, wine results, and World Cup!!

12-6-2010

Hello all, sorry for the long absence again, time really does fly here and the last month has seemed especially hectic. So lets see...

Right now, I just finished this Peer Support and Diversity Network training
in Dar. Its bascially a group that volunteers can call or go to when they're struggling for any number of reasons and just want to talk. I was a little unsure about it before this training, but I feel pretty comfortable with it now. Im also the secretary which should keep me busy in addition to my teaching load.

Also, just before I went to that training, my wine was ready, and I filtered and bottled it (in plastic water bottles). It was pretty tasty and Im not being biased when I say it was one of the better volunteer-made wines I've tasted. Ive got a ton though and I drank a little but have been trying to give a bunch away.

Also, Im about to leave for South Africa and am super stoked. Watching the games last night just made me even more excited and I cant wait for the US England game tonight (just gotta find a spot to watch it). I thankfully though got a US jersey in the mail so I can support them with pride.

Thats all for now, Ill try to update during and after the world cup.

GO US!!!